Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: My next custom... Johnny 5 NEED INPUT - Pic added

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pairadocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    k... I was gonna make an original creation, but I didn't seem to have the right parts to match the image in my head. yet. So that guy's going on hold.

    Then, I was gonna do this Uber-cool idea I had with the leftover Monev Body I have from the one I scrapped for the Overtkill... but it seems Baimun is doing the same thing in a way... so there blows my "originality factor" outta da water. I'll have to see what comes of it, and then resume at a later date to ensure mine's different.

    So... I hit a block on what I felt like doing next. I was gonna do that Super-Articulated Mandarin idea I had... but that's gonna be a LOT more work and effort than I want to tackle right now... and I could do another Manga character, but I'm still toying with designs on those.

    SO... I started sifting through the fodder bins for inspiration... and I got it!

    The next custom is gonna be: Super-Articulated Arsenal of Doom Spawn! Another all-time favorite figure... but lacking in the posability department. I have begun work, and the legs are nearly built... He will be able to kneel too now. I am using new legs from another figure, frankensteined together with the Spawn boots and spiky leg band. I will be rebuilding a lot of the detail that the AOD Spawn has, but it'll be a little different. He's also gonna get a hip new paint job, and some other goodies...

    ...but I still haven't thought of the thing to take it to the next level outside of that... any ideas?? I'd love to hear your input!

    <font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ April 27, 2004 08:43 PM: Message edited by: pairadocs ]</font></font>

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 28, 2004 12:07 AM: Message edited by: pairadocs ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    which one's arsenal of doom? (sounds stupid, but, I dont go by names, I describe them [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pairadocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    series12 spawn4 photo 01 dp

    Spawn IV - w/mask

    Yes, I will be making the infamous "eyepiece" that only comes with the unmasked version.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 27, 2004 08:58 PM: Message edited by: pairadocs ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thought so [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Yeah, I have the masked one too, it's collected alotta dust over the years [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I always thought he could use more articulation, good luck and can't wait to see the results!

  5. #5
    bonedust
    Guest bonedust's Avatar

    Post

    i always thought that fig was a tad to pristine (altho a damn good fig...dont get me wrong)....but ive never been a fan of 'battle damaged' stuff. maybe some small details added that show wear and dirt and...i dunno...wars dirty, yanno?

  6. #6
    EndQuest
    Guest EndQuest's Avatar

    Post

    LEDs.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pairadocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by EndQuest:
    LEDs.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be a pain in the rear for this one... I dunno... only spot it'd fit is the eyepiece, but I want it removable...


    I like the battle-damage idea... keep 'em coming!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah isn't most of the figure hard brittle plastic, that shit'[s a pain in the ass to work with, but at least the fumes'll fuck you up good! [img]tongue.gif[/img]


    EDIT: hmmm, punisher, good idea, I was gonna use a Cap i took apart for articulation in an upcoming custom, too bad I can't find his upper half [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 28, 2004 08:06 AM: Message edited by: toymank ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    dammit paira! You got me to take mine out and look at it and now I wanna touch it up somehow!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by toymank:
    dammit paira! You got me to take mine out and look at it and now I wanna touch it....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope you're at home and not at work. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    You can get fired or arrested for that. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •